New Hyster UT Series 4-5t Forklifts Target Driver Comfort and Low Total Cost of Ownership
A new range of the Hyster® UT Series is being introduced to Australasia and the Asia-Pacific, to provide enhanced driver comfort and a low total cost of ownership for the forklift operator.
The new H4.0-5.0UT internal combustion counterbalance pneumatic tyre forklifts, with lift capacities from 4,000-5,000kg, complement the broader range of Hyster UT Series forklifts in providing cost-effective performance for everyday materials handling tasks.
“The H4.0-5.0UT range features the toughness and backup Hyster is known for globally, with simple and easy to use features that are catered to utility applications, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership,” says Mr Cornelius Tan, Area Business Director, Asia, Hyster-Yale Group.
“Industries that may sometimes have low intensity applications – such as food and beverage, frozen produce, manufacturing, distribution and truck and transport – don’t need the advanced features as compared to 24/7 operations, but they still need a high quality forklift with outstanding sales and service backup, which is what Hyster can deliver, through its dealership network,” says Tan.
“The Hyster H4.0-5.0UT range delivers an ideal solution to utility materials handling needs, without compromising on performance,” he says.
The new H4.0-5.0UT forklifts – in 4 000kg, 4 500kg or 5 000kg models – have a number of features to further enhance driver comfort, visibility and ease of operation, including:
• A small diameter steering wheel with adjustable steer column. The 300mm steering wheel is easy to manipulate, responsive, with optimum manoeuvrability when working in confined spaces. The ideally positioned steering wheel allows up to 8 degrees of tilt adjustment, to suit a variety of different operators.
• A high-strength profiled steel overhead guard to provide enhanced operator protection and structural reliability.
• Excellent through-mast visibility of the load and the operator’s forward field of view, which optimises comfort, safety and productivity.
• A large access area for service and repairs, including large access space to the engine compartment to minimise downtime when servicing the forklift.
• A suspension seat for excellent comfort.
• Interchangeable components, including overlaps with other forklifts in the same range, which further optimises maintenance and spare parts inventories.
• Improved lift speed, which enhances productivity.
The new machines’ value proposition – “Meets the Need. Makes the Move.” – relates to customers who prefer simple and easy to use functionality features, with proven materials handling solutions backed by a supplier that they can trust, together with a reputable dealership service network extending across Asia Pacific, which includes Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Korea and Taiwan.