Another zone making its debut at the Automechanika is the highly anticipated Truck zone. The area will spotlight a number of trends that have sparked a rapid growth phase for the commercial vehicle sector across the region. With Malaysia becoming the third largest commercial vehicle market in Asia Pacific, the future of the sector remains positive. The country’s commercial vehicle sector is expected to see growth at a CAGR of three percent, which translates to more than 84,000 unit sales by 2025 . As a result, more and more international players are now entering the market, to offer their products and technology.
To meet the demands emerging from the fast-growing market, the zone will welcome a strong collection of distributors, manufacturers and auto parts dealers such as:
- Yamamoto – a new brand representing Truck It, the dealers of truck parts
- CPC Tyre – tyre wholesaler specialised on truck wheels and parts.
- Hinsitsu – displaying their specialised filters
- Biosurge Asia – showcasing the new products and technology in fuel additives and fuel savings for diesel trucks.
The Truck zone will sit alongside the IoT zone, where visitors will also benefit from some of the interconnected technology across the sectors.
Fringe programme events amplify the themes across the show floor
Away from the exhibition area, the show’s fringe programme will highlight the region’s most pressing topics as well as emphasise the themes running through the fairground.
For example, the Fleet Management Conference will explore the synergy between the IoT and commercial vehicle sector. Co-organised by the Pan-Malaysia Lorry Owners’ Association 1987 (PMLOA) and Valebridge Media Services, the event will gather industry experts from Aeroline, Fleetsol, Guardian, Kit Loong, SCANIA and Valvoline. Together, they will carefully examine the challenges and opportunities that companies across the ASEAN region are currently facing. Topics discussed at this event consist of:
- Strategies for improving cost efficiency;
- Telematics to achieve better maintenance and safety standards;
- Differences between in-house and outsourced fleet management solutions; and,
- Tyre management for fleet operations
- System integration.
Other fringe programme events taking place throughout the show include Collision Repair Training Workshop, EMMA Malaysia Final – Car Audio and Modification Competition and Auto NITZ Party, Autotronics Training Workshop.